It’s been over a year since I began thinking about creating my own little space of words right here on the Internet. 365 days of self doubt. What if no one reads it? Crap, what if someone really does read it? What if they hate it? Yep, fear can be a real pain in the a**, the paralyzing type. But then all these different personal and professional opportunities surfaced in my life that starting this space made even more sense. So I stared fear in the face and told it to take a hike. And here we are.
I’m in love with writing. A passionate kind of love that just makes my soul happy. It’s true. When I’m happy, I write. When I’m sad, I write. When something major happens, I write. For work (that pays my bills), I write. I channel my inner thoughts, rather serious or random, and let them flow onto paper (or a computer screen) and feel liberated. Oh and I’m of the emotionally slutty variety making me a prime candidate for the role of blogger. What can I say I’m an oversharer?
I’m not blogging in hopes to make money from it (although I’m not going to turn down the chance), I’m not looking to become internet famous ( I thought about doing this anonymously, but was talked out of it), In fact, I don’t have any real alternative motives at all. I’m just taking the words I would write anyways, the activities that I would create regardless, the fun (and fails) that is my life and sharing it. I’m hopeful that it will create a community that will share their own journeys, comment to reassure me that I’m not alone on those days I feel like a rock, and celebrate with me when I feel like a rock star. A community that might be inspired by my words, or feel motivated by one of my posts to find their own passion, or recreate a life hack or kids activity. Or that I may be inspired by you. A supportive community that we be virtual cheerleaders to one another. Oh I guess I do have a motive, but it’s pure and authentic.
withBrandi.com, I’ll be lifestyle blogging about my beautiful chaos of a life with added bonuses of my other loves:
- Pictures – Courtesy of my super awesome point and shoot.
- Kids Activties – Mostly pinterest wanna-be time friendly crafts and fun for my seven and two year old.
- Recipes – Mainly consisting of throwing together food I have in my kitchen in my favorite “working mom-must have” crock pot (aka my meal savior).
- Organization & Life Hacks – Former OCDer, now working mother of two boys, I had to simplify and efficiently organize my life in an attempt to maintain sanity while doing the juggle.
- Passion Holders – I’m incredibly passionate about helping others fulfill their passion, hearing about successful passion holders, and witnessing the love of passion so I’m sure this will spill in here too.
I really do hope you will take this as your RSVP to the party and life that is withBrandi.com
Live Happily, Brandi